Director of Conference Planning:
Term: 2 years
Elected: Odd Years
DUTIES OUTLINED IN BYLAWS:
The four (4) Directors shall be: Director of Awards, Director of Communications, Director of Conference Planning and Director of Special Projects. The four (4) Directors are voting members of the SER Board. Duties of each office will be established by the Board and located in the Position-Specific Duties of the SER of the WOCN Society Leadership document. The Directors shall evaluate membership interests and develop strategic plans for the SER of the WOCN Society. The Directors facilitate communication between the members of the Region and Leadership.
DUTIES OUTLINED BY POLICY:
- Plays key role in activation and execution of Conference Disaster Plan in conjunction with President and association management representative.
- Submit a Budget Request form for anticipated committee expenses to the Treasurer at the Winter board meeting for incorporation into the budget proposal.
- The Board will meet twice a year, once at the Winter board meeting and again at the Annual Conference. Unless otherwise excused in advance by the President, attendance is mandatory.
- Liaison to Conference Planning committee to include support and guidance to Conference Chairperson.
- Maintain/revise conference planning manual annually as a guide for future Conference Chairpersons.
- Coordinates with the Association Management Company the securing of vendor support for regional conference. Serves as liaison between vendors, Association Management Company and the Board.
- Make recommendations to the Board regarding funding for upcoming conferences.