Director of Awards
Term: 2 years
Elected: Even Years
DUTIES OUTLINED IN BYLAWS:
The four (4) Directors shall be: Director of Awards, Director of Communications, Director of Conference Planning and Director of Special Projects. The four (4) Directors are voting members Board. Duties of each office will be established by the Board and located in the Position-Specific Duties of the SER of the WOCN Society Leadership document. The Directors shall evaluate membership interests and develop strategic plans for the SER of the WOCN Society. The Directors facilitate communication between the members of the Region and Leadership.
DUTIES OUTLINED BY POLICY:
- Submit a Budget Request form for anticipated committee expenses to the Treasurer at the Winter board meeting for incorporation into the budget proposal.
- The Board will meet twice a year, once at the Winter board meeting and again at the Annual Conference. Unless otherwise excused in advance by the President, attendance is mandatory.
- Coordinate any Board-approved Charitable Gift donations.
- Coordinate any Board-approved Society scholarship donation.
- Coordinate application and selection process for any Board-approved Annual Conference scholarships.
- Coordinate application process, selection process and arrange for preparation of awards:
- SER of the WOCN Society Nurse of the Year
- SER of the WOCN Society Rookie of the Year
- Coordinate selection of the SER of the WOCN Society State Recognition Award with State Conference Chair.
*duties as detailed in SER of the WOCN® Society Board of Directors Manual, as revised Feb. 2020.