Director of Communications
Term: 2 years
Elected: Even Years
DUTIES OUTLINED IN BYLAWS:
The four (4) Directors shall be: Director of Awards, Director of Communications, Director of Conference Planning and Director of Special Projects. The four (4) Directors are voting members Board. Duties of each office will be established by the Board and located in the Position-Specific Duties of the SER of the WOCN Society Leadership document. The Directors shall evaluate membership interests and develop strategic plans for the SER of the WOCN Society. The Directors facilitate communication between the members of the Region and Leadership.
DUTIES OUTLINED BY POLICY:
- Submit a Budget Request form for anticipated committee expenses to the Treasurer at the Winter board meeting for incorporation into the budget proposal.
- The Board will meet twice a year, once at the Winter board meeting and again at the Annual Conference. Unless otherwise excused in advance by the President, attendance is mandatory.
- The Director of Communications is the liaison to the Webmaster.
- Steer the Communications Committee (i.e. state reporters).
- Coordinates all communication to membership related to SER of the WOCN Society activities to include Society news, coordination of electronic email blasts in collaboration with the Webmaster.
- Maintains a social media presence to share news, photographs, and events.
- Appoint State Reporters and secure state news for publication on the website.
- Review, edit and approve blast emails and website content prior to publication.
- Functions as or recruits a conference photographer.
- Maintain a record of all correspondence, committee minutes and work plans to provide to the next chairperson.
*duties as detailed in SER of the WOCN® Society Board of Directors Manual, as revised Feb. 2020.