Term: 2 years
Elected: Odd Years
DUTIES OUTLINED IN BYLAWS:
The Treasurer shall be responsible for the oversight of all transactions and reporting. The Treasurer shall be responsible for dispersing funds as approved by the President. The Treasurer shall be responsible for investing funds as directed by action of the Board. The Treasurer shall provide a written report on the financial condition of at all meetings of the Board and at other times when called upon by the President. The Treasurer’s records shall be reviewed by an independent accountant or accounting firm approved by the Board whenever a Treasurer leaves office and as requested by the Board.
In addition, the Treasurer shall:
- Keep accurate records of all financial transactions
- Exercise all duties incident to the office of Treasurer
- Be bonded in an amount established by Board
- Continue to function as Treasurer while collaboratively working with newly elected Treasurer through the end of the fiscal year and to the point where the records are provided to the accountant for review
DUTIES OUTLINED BY POLICY:
- Develop the annual budget and the conference budget. Present both to the Board at the Winter board meeting for approval.
- Obtain records review from CPA at start of new term.
- Review quarterly CPA reports for accuracy.
- Submit a Budget Request form for anticipated expenses to the Treasurer at the Winter Board meeting for incorporation into the budget proposal.
The Board will meet two times during the year, once at the Winter board meeting and again at the Annual Conference. Unless otherwise excused in advance by the President, attendance is mandatory.
- Obtain bonding for self and members of the Board.
- Assure Association Management Company is protected by insurance or bonding.