Dorothy Doughty Education Scholarship Fund
2019 Advanced Practice Nursing Education Program Scholarship Criteria and Application
Applications are closed. Submissions were due by June 15, 2019.
Southeast Region of the WOCN® Society is proud to offer scholarship awards for those nurses wishing to attend graduate school. Scholarship applications are accepted once a year. Deadline for submission is June 15, 2019. Applications may be submitted before the program begins.
- Current active member of the Southeast Region of the WOCN® Society - (Member of the WOCN®Society with SER selected as your region)
- Employed or willing to seek employment within the Southeast Region in the clinical practice of wound, ostomy, continence or foot care nursing upon graduation
- Seeking a Master's or Doctoral Degree or NP/CNS Certificate
- Proof of current enrollment or acceptance into a NLN accredited nursing program or other accredited college/university
- Certified by the WOCNCB® in one of the following: wound, ostomy, continence and/or foot care
- A satisfactory letter of recommendation from professional associates who have known the applicant for at least one year (from current employer or colleague is preferred)
- Has not been awarded a scholarship from the SER of the WOCN® Society in the past three years
- Recipient(s) will receive the scholarship upon receipt of transcripts for semester/quarter credit
- All information potentially identifying the nominee will be redacted for an impartial blind vote by the Southeast Region board of directors
- Recipient(s) will be notified by August 15, 2019
- Current board members are not eligible for this award
Scholarship recipients will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes associated with the scholarship. In the event, a recipient receives an amount of $600 or more, they will be required to submit a W-9 form BEFORE receiving scholarship payment.
The SER does not share/exchange application information with the WOCN® Society.
The following items must be sent to the SER of WOCN® Society Director of Awards at time of submission. IF ITEMS ARE NOT RECEIVED (or postmarked) on June 15, 2019 THE APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED
- One letter of recommendation signed by the person writing the recommendation, preferably on letterhead
- Proof of one of the following: acceptance, current enrollment or graduation (within current calendar year) from a NLN accredited nursing program or other accredited college/university
- Proof of current WOCN® Society membership
- Proof of WOCNCB® certification in one or more specialties
- If available, proof of employment within the SER of the WOCN® Society
by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SER of the WOCN® Society
c/o Bernie Haberer, Manager
36181 East Lake Road, Ste. 376
Palm Harbor, FL 34685