Dorothy Doughty Education Scholarship Fund
2019 WOC Nursing Education Program (WOCNEP) Scholarship Criteria and Application
Applications are closed. Submissions were due by June 15, 2019.
Southeast Region of the WOCN® Society is proud to offer scholarship awards for those nurses wishing to attend an Accredited (WOC) Nursing Educational Program. Scholarship applications are accepted once a year.
Application and supporting documentation must be submitted or postmarked by June 15, 2018. Applications may be submitted before the program begins.
- Current active member of the Southeast Region of the WOCN® Society - (Member of the WOCN®Society with SER selected as your region)
- Employed or willing to seek employment within the Southeast Region in the clinical practice of wound, ostomy, continence or foot care nursing upon graduation
- Seeking education in wound, ostomy, continence and/or foot nursing care at a WOCN® accredited Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing Education Program (WOCNEP) or Specialty Program
- Proof of one of the following:
- Acceptance to a WOCN® accredited WOCNEP or Specialty Program
- Current enrollment in a WOCN® accredited WOCNEP or Specialty Program
- Certificate of completion from a WOCN® accredited WOCNEP or Specialty Program, within three months of graduation
- A satisfactory letter of recommendation from professional associates who have known the applicant for at least one year (from current employer or colleague is preferred)
- Has not been awarded a scholarship from the SER of the WOCN® Society in the past three years
- Recipient(s) will receive the scholarship upon receipt of certificate of completion from a WOCN® accredited WOCNEP or Specialty Program
- All information potentially identifying the nominee will be redacted for an impartial blind vote by the Southeast Region board of directors
- Recipient(s) will be notified by August 15, 2019
- Current board members are not eligible for this award
Scholarship recipients will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes associated with the scholarship. In the event, a recipient receives an amount of $600 or more, they will be required to submit a W-9 form BEFORE receiving scholarship payment.
The SER does not share/exchange application information with the WOCN® Society.
The following items must be sent to the SER of WOCN® Society Director of Awards at time of submission. IF ITEMS ARE NOT RECEIVED (or postmarked) on June 15, 2019 THE APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED
- One letter of recommendation signed by the person writing the recommendation, preferably on letterhead
- Proof of one of the following: acceptance, current enrollment or graduation (within current calendar year) from a WOCN® accredited WOCNEP or Specialty Program
- Proof of current WOCN® Society membership
- If available, proof of employment within the SER of the WOCN® Society
by email: email@example.com
SER of the WOCN® Society
c/o Bernie Haberer, Manager
36181 East Lake Road, Ste. 376
Palm Harbor, FL 34685