Dorothy Doughty Education Scholarship Fund
2019 WOC Nursing Education Program (WOCNEP) Scholarship Criteria and Application
Applications are now open. Submissions are due by June 15, 2019.
Southeast Region of the WOCN® Society is proud to offer scholarship awards for those nurses wishing to attend an Accredited (WOC) Nursing Educational Program. Scholarship applications are accepted once a year.
Application and supporting documentation must be submitted or postmarked by June 15, 2018. Applications may be submitted before the program begins.
- Current active member of the Southeast Region of the WOCN® Society - (Member of the WOCN®Society with SER selected as your region)
- Employed or willing to seek employment within the Southeast Region in the clinical practice of wound, ostomy, continence or foot care nursing upon graduation
- Seeking education in wound, ostomy, continence and/or foot nursing care at a WOCN® accredited Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing Education Program (WOCNEP) or Specialty Program
- Proof of one of the following:
- Acceptance to a WOCN® accredited WOCNEP or Specialty Program
- Current enrollment in a WOCN® accredited WOCNEP or Specialty Program
- Certificate of completion from a WOCN® accredited WOCNEP or Specialty Program, within three months of graduation
- A satisfactory letter of recommendation from professional associates who have known the applicant for at least one year (from current employer or colleague is preferred)
- Has not been awarded a scholarship from the SER of the WOCN® Society in the past three years
- Recipient(s) will receive the scholarship upon receipt of certificate of completion from a WOCN® accredited WOCNEP or Specialty Program
- All information potentially identifying the nominee will be redacted for an impartial blind vote by the Southeast Region board of directors
- Recipient(s) will be notified by August 15, 2019
- Current board members are not eligible for this award
Scholarship recipients will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes associated with the scholarship. In the event, a recipient receives an amount of $600 or more, they will be required to submit a W-9 form BEFORE receiving scholarship payment.
The SER does not share/exchange application information with the WOCN® Society.
The following items must be sent to the SER of WOCN® Society Director of Awards at time of submission. IF ITEMS ARE NOT RECEIVED (or postmarked) on June 15, 2019 THE APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED
- One letter of recommendation signed by the person writing the recommendation, preferably on letterhead
- Proof of one of the following: acceptance, current enrollment or graduation (within current calendar year) from a WOCN® accredited WOCNEP or Specialty Program
- Proof of current WOCN® Society membership
- If available, proof of employment within the SER of the WOCN® Society
by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SER of the WOCN® Society
c/o Bernie Haberer, Manager
36181 East Lake Road, Ste. 376
Palm Harbor, FL 34685