Positions Open for Election in 2018
President-ElectThe President-Elect shall perform the duties of the President in the absence or incapacity of the President. The President-Elect shall succeed to the office of the President in the event it shall become vacant. The President-Elect shall perform such duties as may be delegated by the President or the SER Board of Directors. The President-Elect shall serve as the SER liaison to the WOCN Public Policy Subcommittee. The President-Elect shall be responsible for maintaining the bylaws and the policy/procedure manual.
Director of AwardsThe Director of Awards shall serve as the coordinator of the Southeast Region of the WOCN® Society's Nurse of the Year Award, Rookie of the Year Award, State Recognition Award, Dorothy Doughty Research Grant and the Annual Conference Scholarships.
Director of CommunicationsThe Director of Communications shall serve as the editor of the Southeast Region of the WOCN® Society Newsletter. The Director of Communications shall serve as the webmaster of the SER of the WOCN® Society website. The candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office® applications and basic computer skills.
Top Six Reasons to Serve on the Board
- Your support allows for the Southeast Region of the WOCN® Society to continue promoting high standards for all WOC nurses
- Each Board member receives a stipend to cover expenses for winter board meeting and Conference
- Leadership role provides PGP points toward re-certification
- Regional Offices can help you to prepare for National Office
- Great networking
- Become a valued member of the SER of the WOCN® Society
The Difference is You!
- June 1: Nominations / Consent to Serve Forms Due
- June 15: Candidate Profiles Online
- July 15: Online Voting Opens
- August 15: Online Voting Closes
- Results are Announced at Conference in Myrtle Beach!