Congratulations to our new 2022 Board Members:
Cynceré Neal - Secretary
Debora Nelson - Treasurer
Jennifer Anderson -
Dir. of Conference Planning
Steph Garcia -
Dir. of Special Projects
The four positions open for the 2022 election are:
- Director of Awards
- Director of Communications
- Elections Chair
More information will be posted early 2022
Top Six Reasons to Serve on the Board
- Your support allows for the Southeast Region of the WOCN® Society to continue promoting high standards for all WOC nurses
- Each Board member receives a stipend to cover expenses for winter board meeting and Conference
- Leadership role provides PGP points toward re-certification
- Regional Offices can help you to prepare for National Office
- Great networking
- Become a valued member of the SER of the WOCN® Society Leadership Team
The Difference is You!
Qualifications and Term
- No person may serve as a Director/Officer unless he or she has been a voting member of the Region and the WOCN Society for at least one year. In addition, a candidate for President-Elect should have served at least one year on the Region Board.
- Region members who are employed by a commercial industry that provides products or services as defined in the WOCN policy are eligible to serve on the Region Board of Directors (“Industry Director”), provided that no more than two (2) Industry Directors, each of whom must be from different companies, may serve on the Region Board at any time.
- Directors serve for a term of TWO (2) years from their election or appointment and may serve TWO (2) consecutive terms IN THE SAME OFFICE. In no event may any Director of the Region serve for more than ten (10) consecutive years.
- No member who is holding office as an Officer or Area Director on the WOCN Board of Directors may concurrently serve on the Region Board of Directors.
- The President-Elect automatically succeeds to the office of President at the end of his or her term as President-Elect.
- The term of office for each director shall begin on the first day of the calendar year following his or her election.